In between my film work I also help an East Sussex based charity, DOCTORS FOR NEPAL, that provides scholarships to students from impoverished backgrounds to train to become doctors and nurses. My work includes the following:
* Day-to-day administration and first port of call for all enquiries
* Organising big fundraising events: film screenings, marathons,
* Designing, writing copy and producing all advertising material,
press releases and newsletters
* Running PR and marketing campaigns to raise awareness of the
charity and to raise funds
* Writing copy for grants and foundations applications
* Writing copy for and running all social media: Facebook, Twitter,
Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo
* Managing, writing copy for and re-designing the website
* Fundraising via events, grants and foundations applications,
Apart from the day to day administration I also make films and promos for the charity - see below.
Click to find out more:
Short promo explaining "What is Doctors for Nepal?"
Doctors For Nepal aims to improve healthcare in rural Nepal by providing scholarships to under-privileged medical and nursing students. They then return to their communities to provide much needed medical care.
Trailer for a 58 minute award-wininning documentary NAMASTE, a Himalayan Journey. In the film, Dr Kate Yarrow, founder of Doctors for Nepal, goes on a life-changing, two-year adventure following some of the incredible journeys patients endure to reach healthcare in remote areas of Nepal. After the devastating earthquake that hit Nepal on 25th April 2015, Kate uncovers the challenges facing doctors and patients in rural areas, and reveals the extraordinary personal journeys of the people she meets along the way.
“It’s a lovely piece and a very neat, acute and moving insight into the way things are post earthquake in remote Nepal . . . it’s a terrific film to put on for awareness raising . . . The journey alone is a terrific achievement, but the way you have made the film is too. Congratulations.” Jon Snow, broadcaster/journalist